TES, Inc.—a Petzl Technical Partner—will be offering the following courses for work-at-height professionals.
Inspection of Personal Protective Equipment for Work at Height—Competent Person training.
This course offers a thorough examination of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Participants will learn to competently examine work-at-height PPE using the Petzl protocol, and how to create an effective PPE-management system.
The course will lead participants through:
- Risk assessment and associated decision making
- Potential hazards associated with the use of PPE for protection against falls from height
- Legislation and current requirements regarding the management of PPE
- Definition of a “competent person”
- General principles and uses of PPE
- Understanding a technical notice
- Principal actions of the examiner
- Principal corrective actions
- Necessary tools and work environment
- Presentation of Petzl Technical Institute PPE examination protocol
- Pre-use checks, special inspections, thorough examinations, signs and symptoms, significance of any defects, criteria for removal from service
- Identification of defects and damage that would result in the item being removed from service
- Inspection reporting
This three-day course will take place at Campo Rico Ziplining Adventures by Ecoquest in Puerto Rico, August 29-31.
Rope Access Training-—SPRAT Level 1
The Rope Access Training course prepares eligible candidates to meet the certification criteria for ropes access personnel. The SPRAT certification process is intended to establish a minimum baseline of knowledge and skill directly related to industrial rope access.
The course will cover a variety of skills including work seat, belaying with communication, rope-to-rope transfer, pass knots, and more.
The SPRAT certification is designed for work-at-height and rescue professionals, tower and rope access technicians, trainers, assessors, and supervisors, as well as rescue and ropes access equipment sales teams.
The course will take place Sept. 26-30 in Nashville, Tenn.