TES Inc. is offering an Inspection of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Work at Height- Competent Person course, May 4-6 in Knoxville, Tenn.
Participants will learn to competently examine their work at height PPE using the Petzl protocol, and also be taught how to create an effective PPE management system.
The course content includes:
- Risk assessment and associated decision making
- Potential hazards associated with the use of PPE for protection against falls from height
- Legislation and current requirements regarding the management of PPE
- General principles and uses of PPE
- Employer and PPE inspector responsibilities
- Understanding a technical notice
- Principal actions of the examiner: maintenance, returns under warranty, removal of products from service, etc.
- Principal corrective actions: information to provide for the users and/or their management system
- Necessary tools and work environment to efficiently perform PPE examination
- Pre-use checks, special inspections, thorough examinations, signs and symptoms, significance of any defects, criteria for removal from service
- Identify defects and damage that would result in the item being removed from service
- Inspection reporting
Participants who pass the examination at the end of the course will receive a written certificate from Petzl stating competency in inspection and management of PPE.
To register or inquire about this course and others, email: [email protected] or call (800) 327-4036.