Space is filling quickly for the 10th annual Summer Ops Camp in Gatlinburg, Tenn., presented by Adventure Park Insider’s sister publication, SAM magazine.
Sept. 3-5, this event is an opportunity for aerial adventure park and resort operators
to gather, play, and learn about the latest in summer operations. This year,
Summer Ops Camp is taking a new approach to seminars, incorporating “pop-up
discussions” into hands-on experiences at a variety of summer operations. This
format, along with new pre- and post-Camp tours and demos, expands the already
Local “connectivity”—the interaction between a summer operation and its neighbors—is a recurring theme, among others. During the three-day Camp, campers will visit six different operations that exemplify new technologies, theming, and local collaboration. Discussions about risk management, behind-the-scenes operations and much, much more will pop up during the site visits. These sessions will explore the different ways each of the six operations has succeeded through connectivity to the mountain environment, community, customers, staff, and tourism generally.
Gatlinburg’s varied activities and attractions will take attendees beyond what they already know and showcase a whole new way to view summer operations. For aerial adventure park operators, the Gatlinburg experience will expand your horizons—and revenue potential.
Registration for Summer Ops Camp is open, and the limited space is filling up fast. Register today at saminfo.com/summer-ops-camp. Prices are all inclusive of meals, drinks, activities/tours, lodging, demos, welcome bag, bluegrass music, moonshine tasting—you get the idea. Packages start at just $685.
- HOT TRENDS: E-bikes have infiltrated every discussion about resort mountain biking over the past year. Summer Ops Camp offers the opportunity to demo a variety of brands on a mountain loop in the Smokies at Climbworks, where we’ll also check out its spectacular zip tour and ground school building. Campers will also hear from the best in the industry about how to fit e-bikes into summer ops, either as a standalone activity or part of a mountain bike operation.
- INTERACTIVE FORMAT: Our all new “pop-up” discussions on connectivity at Anakeesta, Ober Gatlinburg, Boyne Resorts’ SkyBridge, the Lumber Jack Feud, and Rowdy Bear, led by SE Group’s Claire Humber, will help campers understand the ways each destination succeeds in connecting with the local brand, community, local tourism board, and customers. These discussions will inform what campers take away from each destination.
- TRY OUT NEW TECHNOLOGY: Experience the debut of the world’s first SwitchBack™ zip line/coaster installation at Lumber Jack Feud. This Holmes Solutions product blends zip lines and coasters, thanks to brand-new technology that transfers from cable to rail at speed and provides extensive design potential.
- GO FOR A SLIDE: Campers will have the opportunity to demo Glice ice skating and Neveplast tubing at Ober Gatlinburg. In addition, we’ll take a spin on the ADG Mountain Coaster and play a round of Innova Disc Golf.
- WATER, WATER, EVERYWHERE: Explore the popular Wilderness in the Smokies Indoor/Outdoor Water Park Resort in Sevierville—home to a FlowRider, wave pools, rivers, slides, and more—on a tour led by Aquatic Development Group. This resort is a prime example of how adding water can drive guests to your property year-round.
- BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE: Several optional tours are also on tap. One example: Wiegand will take interested campers to six different mountain coaster locations Thursday afternoon, Sept. 5, in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg including the Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster, Rocky Top Coaster, the Coaster at the Goats on the Roof, Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster, and Rowdy Bear Adventure Parks. If you are looking for new ways to program around your coaster, or plan to install a new coaster, this tour is a must.
There is a full agenda of sessions, demos, and activities for each day. Get all the details at saminfo.com/summer-ops-camp.
Questions about Summer Ops Camp? Email Sarah Wojcik for answers: email@example.com