Contact Jeb Boyd
Lincoln, New Hampshire
Alpine Adventures has an immediate opening for the Director of Operations. This position is a full-time, year round position.
Alpine Adventures is part of the NH-Fun Family of parks, which is group of family owned parks made up of Alpine Adventures, Candia Springs Adventure Park and Whale’s Tale Waterpark, all located within the state of New Hampshire. Alpine is known as New England’s largest zipline and outdoor adventure destination and focuses on providing unique year-round out door experiences in the forest and mountains. It is a growing company looking to explore diversifications into other outdoor adventure activities leveraging our 300 acres of land at Baron Mountain, continuous capital reinvestment, executive support, our legendary guide service and our unique form of uphill transportation – the Pinzgauer troop transport vehicles. These components are the bedrock of our company and the basis to how we differentiate ourselves from our competition.
The Director of Operations is the senior most position at Alpine Adventures, llc and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the company. This position reports directly to the NH-Fun CEO along with the Directors from the other companies. There is a strong team atmosphere, which creates operational support in the following areas– CEO Marketing and Finance, COO for operations and compliance, CIO for systems, and IT needs. Other directors are available throughout the larger company for vehicle fleet maintenance and service needs, as well as grounds and land management.
The Director of Operations assures that the company operates to deliver a purposeful, on-brand experience that is in compliance with our operational standards, corporate goals and within federal, state and local operational compliance. This individual will need to be a motivated self-starter capable of taking on initiatives to deliver a stable operating environment for all guests and employees. They will also be responsible for building a team that is capable of managing all the aspects of the company such as guest check in and retail sales, gear up / gear down, guest transportation and guiding services.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensure safe operations of all attractions and maintain compliance with industry, safety and government standards.
* Oversee all systems – When to Work scheduling software, Resmark reservation software
* Oversee all training and documentation for industry standards and company protocols
* Maintain all relevant training and certifications through ACCT as well as basic first aid.
* Establish and develop a team atmosphere to ensure a positive guest and employee experience
* Work with the CEO to manage revenue, payroll and expense activity and the security of all financial and personnel related issues
* Participate in weekly operations meetings and report on daily and weekly performance indicators
* Ensure all venues are operating safely
* Maintain a clean property to the staging expectations established.
* Team player willing to lend a hand as needed throughout the company in many capacities.
* Execute the established business plan utilizing the business tools and support provided.
* Provide feedback via performance appraisals to the departmental management team
* Flexible schedule to ensure a consistent operation
* Maintain a professional office and working environment
* Able to guide trips and train staff as needed.
Qualifications & Skillset
* Strong leadership and organizational skills
* Strong analytical, problem solving and resolution skills
* Capable of multitasking
* Exceptional customer service
* Able to take direction and lead staff to a clearly defined outcome.
* Ability to coordinate with others and follow-through tasks to completion
* Outgoing personality and excellent interpersonal skills to build and develop a strong functional team
* Valid Drivers License, without major DMV violations
* Computer Skills in common Microsoft programs, time clock software and other industry specific software
* Ability to lift, climb, build and work at heights and in precarious situations and environments
* Familiar with industry related functions and direct experience with a minimum of one operating department.
* Appropriate ACCT credentials and up-keep of certification
Alpine Adventures is located in the heart of the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire. It is based in a small ski town - Lincoln, with many major ski resorts within minutes. It is a beautiful place to work, live and play and we invite all qualified candidates to apply.