Contact Serena Iacobucci
The Adventure Parks of Outdoor Venture Group are committed to promoting active enjoyment of the outdoors. We are seeking an experienced Safety and Compliance Specialist to oversee the overall risk management initiatives of OVG and its entities.
The Safety and Compliance Specialist will further develop and administer company-wide initiatives and work with all entities to ensure compliance in safety, training, documentation and industry standards. This position reports directly to the Director of Administration and Projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Serve as the company wide insurance claims administrator for all climbers and employee incidents including workers comp
· Serve as the company expert in knowledge of industry standards (ACCT, OSHA, ASTM, State Requirements, etc.) and ensure compliance of all entities as they relate to park operations, maintenance, training and construction.
· Assist with finding, implementing and training staff on use of company-wide documentation tool.
· Oversee compliance and tracking completion of all required documentation according to company and industry standards (daily course inspections, gear inspections, incidents, monitor training, CPR, etc.)
· Research, implement, and in some cases perform trainings in a wide variety of areas related to OVG specific policies and OSHA requirements.
· Assist and support management in developing initiatives that will help cultivate a culture of safety for both employees and guests.
· Analyze data resulting from safety documentation and incident reporting and work with OVG management to develop and implement solutions.
· Audit and improve current manuals and documentation according to industry standards and company policies.
· Create documentation templates or manuals as needed such as a Safety manual for each position.
· Create and administer policies as needed.
· Create company-wide newsletter or training resources as needed.
· Prior experience in Aerial Adventure and/or zip line/challenge course industry preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree or 3-5 years of related safety compliance experience required
· Advanced knowledge of ACCT/ANSI, OSHA and other industry standards
· ACCT Inspector Status, Advanced Ropes Access Training preferred as well as experience as a trainer.
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
· Organized, detailed and results oriented
· Must have the ability to travel up to 1/3 of the time
TO APPLY, PLEASE EMAIL: email@example.com
Please include cover letter, resume and contact information for two references or recent letters accepted.