Named one of Outside Magazine's 2016 Best Places to Work, Go Ape offers its team a connected, challenging, and rewarding career. Our tribe is made up of highly diverse, yet like-minded individuals that share an adventurous spirit. Additionally, Go Ape nurtures collaboration and in turn, innovation. Our key goal is to maintain a workplace where everyone is passionate, feels valued, and is heard. In addition to an awesome work culture where you can thrive, you will receive competitive compensation, PTO, paid holidays, healthcare benefits, 401(k), and a generous commission plan!
At Go Ape, “live life adventurously” is more than our motto, it’s what we do! We have been providing adventures to over 5 million people in the United States and United Kingdom since 2002. Despite our accelerated growth, Go Ape has stayed true to its core values which are to
1) Inspire everyone to live life adventurously,
2) Provide a tree-mendous guest experience,
3) Be socially and environmentally responsible
4) Do the right thing
Do you see challenges as opportunities rather than obstacles? Are you excited about rapid growth of a company? Do you want to help others discover their sense of adventure? If so, we highly encourage you to apply to this posting.
DUTIES OF OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
The operations director is responsible for the overall direction and management of the operations teams, ensuring objectives are carried out and completed while adhering to budgets, operational requirements, industry standards, and overall vision of the organization. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manages operations departments by determining and delegating tasks to team, establishing work schedules, and supervising department heads and management staff
• Direct and support staff management including hiring, training, performance, disciplinary action, and terminations when necessary
• Responsible for overall course operational efficiencies including open/close plans, session planning, staffing hours, guest targets, and accident/incident reporting
• Ensure all pre-use course checks are carried out in line with operating procedures
• Oversee selection and implementation of new products and to include training, procedures, materials, and financial
• Accountable for overall health and safety of course operations by managing course audit process and ensuring operations manual is compliant and adheres to industry standards. Makes recommendations for operational changes through analysis of course incidents
• Develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans
• Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization’s financial performance again budget as well as financial and operational goals
• Support Managing Director and Board in creating annual organizational budget and monitoring cash flow
• Identify and implement operational efficiencies as to reduce costs and increase profits
• Be a brand ambassador for Go Ape and perform all job duties in accordance with the mission and values of the organization
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
REQUIREMENTS OF OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
• At least 7-10 years of relatable experience in the outdoor, recreation, or entertainment industry and bachelor’s degree; additional experience may substitute educational requirements.
• Basic Computer Skills (Excel, Word, etc.)
• Demonstrated proficiency in industry safety standards, such as ACCT, ASTM, or OSHA.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Prior experience in the high ropes course industry and previous operational knowledge.
• Prior experience in directing and managing operational efforts across multiple sites and states.
• Working knowledge of related operating systems (self-belay, continuous belay, smart belay, etc.)
• At least five (5) years of prior experience in a supervisory/leadership role.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Must be at least 18 years or older.
• Must be able to meet guest participation requirements.
• Successfully complete in-house safety certifications.
Please apply directly to this opening at: https://goape.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=82&source=API