Contact Julieann Burroughs 614-204-2041 Julieann@zipohio.com
Do you have what it takes to be a Course Manager at Hocking Hills Canopy Tours?
Since 2007, Hocking Hills Canopy Tours has proven to be a leader and innovator in the zipline industry. We’ve introduced award-winning adventures year after year, and we’ve won more accolades from distinguished publications than any company in the midwest.
Hocking Hills Canopy Tours boasts 6 award-winning outdoor adventures; an unparalleled dedication to the industry: and an unquenchable desire to be the best. Everything that we do from check-in to exit, is done with professionalism.
We’re searching for an enthusiastic, energetic, motivated individual to manage our award-winning outdoor adventure business. If you’re a natural leader, want to challenge yourself, have all the necessary skills, and you enjoy the outdoors—you’re gonna LOVE this job!
Fill out an on-line application today at www.hockinghillscanopytours.com and take the first step to the most exciting job you’ve never dreamed of! Hocking Hills Canopy Tours is a family friendly environment and a drug-free workplace.
HOCKING HILLS CANOPY TOURS OVERVIEW:
• Established in 2007; 2018 is our 11th season.
• We offer 6 Award-Winning Outdoor Adventures.
• Number of employees during peak season is 75-100.
• We have a high volume of participants during peak season.
• Our adventures are open from mid-March through November.
• All training and maintenance are performed in-house, by our staff.
Reports directly to owner/partnership group. Responsible for management and supervision of the operation of all elements and activities that the Company provides. This includes employee and customer safety, customer service, quality of tour operations, course maintenance, staffing, and risk management. Strong supervisory, management, communication and customer service skills are a must.
Two years experience managing outdoor adventure tours is a plus but not required.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Responsible for supervision of all company employees. Including, but not limited to, adherence to company policies, morale, periodic reviews, mentoring, and disciplinary actions.
• Manage and coordinate staff scheduling.
• Responsible for ensuring all company polices are adhered to.
• Effective communication among management group and ownership group.
• Ensure that customer service is provided at the highest level by all staff, managers, and self.
• Partner with affiliate trainer and managers on all staff trainings. Responsible for ensuring all staff training, testing, and assessments are complete and up to date, according to company policies. This includes regular staff assessment and evaluation.
• Coordinate third party professional inspections.
• Ability to conduct periodic, detailed course inspections.
• Responsible for maintaining proper documentation on all aspects of facility maintenance, including but not limited to course equipment, materials, and inspections.
• Responsible for supervision of all participant groups and staff
• Detailed knowledge of operations and of all courses and elements. Able to fill in to assistant on all courses and elements as needed. Must be qualified as a Lead Guide.
• Able to perform basic course maintenance.
• On call for course emergency needs.
• Teamwork- maintain a positive, healthy, and dynamic work environment for all staff.
• College degree or equivalent
• Two or more years of experience in management. Management experience in outdoor adventure programs preferred but not required
• Current First Aid, CPR, AED Certification; WFR or EMT preferred but not required.
• Proficient computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook. Additional computer experience a plus.
• Able to handle demanding work schedule with long work weeks in a multi-task environment, including evening hours, weekends, and holidays
• Comfortable and capable of working at heights
• Comfortable giving and receiving feedback
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Must be a self-starter, punctual, organized and utilize time efficiently.
• Must be energetic, and able to work in a fast paced and dynamic outdoor environment in various weather and temperature scenarios.
This job posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow additional instructions, policies and standards set forth by the company.